- Country: United States
- Initial release: September 3, 2015 (United States)
- Film Director: Armin Siljkovic
- Running Time: 7 Minutes
- IMDB Grade: N/A
In the world of comedy, there are films that leave a lasting impression with their witty dialogues, hilarious situations, and impeccable timing. One such film is “Hard Money” directed by Armin Siljkovic. Released in 2015, this short comedy film takes viewers on a rollercoaster ride of laughter as a shrewd businessman calls random people to practice his negotiation skills. In this article, we will delve into the plot, cast, and director of “Hard Money,” as well as explore the impact and reception of this comedic gem.
The Plot: A Shrewd Businessman’s Unconventional Practice
“Hard Money” revolves around a shrewd businessman who, in his quest to polish his negotiation skills, decides to call random people. This unique and unconventional approach allows him to practice the art of negotiation in various scenarios. With each call, the businessman encounters unexpected reactions, leading to hilarious and absurd situations that keep the audience entertained throughout the film.
The Director: Armin Siljkovic
Armin Siljkovic, the creative force behind “Hard Money,” serves as both the director and writer of the film. Siljkovic’s directorial vision brings the comedic elements to life, capturing the essence of each character and their interactions. His ability to create a lighthearted and humorous atmosphere showcases his talent for storytelling and comedic timing.
The Cast: Bringing Characters to Life
The success of any comedy film lies in the performances of its cast members. In “Hard Money,” the cast brings their characters to life with exceptional comedic prowess. Let’s take a closer look at the stars who make this film a hilarious experience:
- Jesse Wang as Jimmy: Jesse Wang portrays the role of Jimmy, the shrewd businessman. With his impeccable timing and sharp delivery, Wang captures the essence of a confident yet comical negotiator.
- Armond Kinard as Bob: Armond Kinard plays the character of Bob, one of the unsuspecting individuals on the receiving end of Jimmy’s negotiation calls. Kinard’s comedic skills shine as he reacts to the absurdity of the situations presented to him.
- Erica Lindsey Ross as Vivian: Erica Lindsey Ross brings the character of Vivian to life with her comedic charm. Her reactions to Jimmy’s negotiation attempts add an extra layer of hilarity to the film.
Critical Reception: Laughter Galore
Upon its release, “Hard Money” received positive reviews from both critics and audiences alike. The film’s unique premise, combined with its well-executed comedic elements, garnered praise for its ability to keep viewers engaged and entertained. The comedic timing, witty dialogues, and absurd situations presented in the film were particularly highlighted as the strengths of “Hard Money.” The short runtime of the film, clocking in at just 7 minutes, also contributed to its success, as it allowed for a focused and fast-paced narrative.
Impact and Legacy: A Comedy Gem
While “Hard Money” may be a relatively lesser-known comedy film, it has left a lasting impact on those who have had the pleasure of watching it. Its clever and unconventional approach to comedy has earned it a special place in the hearts of comedy enthusiasts. The film’s success also speaks to the talent of Armin Siljkovic as a director and writer, showcasing his ability to create memorable and entertaining content.